Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Work Place

I constantly have to keep my mind focus on the word of God by not taking thought when others around me start discussing activities in their lives. Even during work especially after a weekend or holiday that’s when I realize that the voices seem louder. Everyone talking about their overwhelming weekend activities and is it a coincidence that none of their activities had anything to do with God or their so-called faith in Jesus. I may sound a bit harsh but I am extremely tired of people who say the know Jesus, they love Him and they are Christians when they never have anything to share about what He has done or what they desire to do for His Kingdom. I would be more at ease if none of these people said they were Christians.
As the week progresses then their problems start unfolding: Marriage, kids, job, family members other social relationships, health and so on. No peace, no joy, no fruit of the spirit growing in their lives. What I think is the worst part is that the persons who say that they are faithful to Christ are in the thick of these conversations and at times leading these unfruitful conversations.  Then I remember and read Matt 28:19-20 which tells us/believers to go and make followers of Christ, teaching them the word of God through our conversations/lifestyle and He will be with us.
I think that many Christians are not bold or zealous enough to share the gospel with others. Been saved is not for us just to get to heaven/ (fire insurance) but to encourage others to want to live for Christ. The term keeps been pushed around: “I don’t want to offend anyone”, this is just an excuse and an area we all can work on. Our lifestyle, conduct, conversations should be a reflection of who we serve. All of us are serving something or someone and we have to wear our salvation jerseys, hats, ride on our salvation rims and blast our salvation music. Living for God is not about behaving goofy or super spiritual but more so of renewing our minds, going to a church that teaches the word of God, diligently seek Him and ask Him to open your heart to his truth. Psalm 37:1-9
When I really got serious about living for Christ I had to get ride of the religious things I’ve been taught and get to know God for myself. The amazing thing that was revealed to me is that God created this world for His children to enjoy. Many things have been perverted by satan and we have to be very careful when we entertain certain thing. The bible says that we need to shun all appearance of evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22.  Having a personal relationship with God will reveal what is acceptable and what’s not. So let’s become the ambassador for Christ in the work place and everywhere we go. I am not talking about slapping people with the bible but rather your conduct. Romans 15:5

By: Dean Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment