Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shaking..

I overheard a couple ladies having a conversation about couples living together before getting married.
Two of the three ladies were born again, of the two one was living what could be identified as a Christian life while the other is a backslider.
The conversation was quite interesting to listen to and while it is a topic that I have an interest in I decided at that time to observe. My wife and I lived this shaking lifestyle for a few months before we got married which we both regret and which we could have done differently. I found in God’s word that what the enemy meant for bad we as spirit filled believers can use it for good. My wife and I can both identify roadblocks that couples may face and advise them to avoid making these mistakes and do it the RIGHT way, God’s way.
The conversation was supporting couples living together before getting married so you can know who you are getting married to. I was expecting the more matured Christian to outright oppose this topic and in fairness she did not voice her approval either. Her input was for each individual to get family medical history. The backslider had a strong point due to her experience with been rejected by a pastor to marry her and her husband due to the fact that they were living together. Her response to the pastor was who is he to judge them for living in sin and refusing to perform the ceremony. She was at this point a young mother and wanted to marry her boyfriend to make their union legal. Her take is that this will reduce the divorce rate (testing the waters before signing the papers).
This is an area of great concern in this common culture we are currently living in. We are seeing clear signs of the breakdown of the family structure and the fundamental principles of God’s laws and total disregard for the family. Recently the President Obama administration decided not to continue to uphold the marriage constitution with regards of marriage had been between a man and a woman.
If we are sending these signs to the coming generations what are we to expect in the roles and responsibilities of a FAMILY.
I Corinthians 6:12-20 Paul clearly points out the danger of subjecting our bodies to sexual sin. He says “RUN AWAY FROM SEXUAL SINS”
This is where many of us gets tripped up when we know we are doing wrong or have sinned and we say “don’t judge me”, “ You’re acting holier than thou” but fail to understand that grace is abounding. Where there is darkness, God is offering us light (1John 1:5-7). So you are living a shaking lifestyle and God allows someone to bring some light in your direction(talk to you about it) don’t take offense just accept the light do what 1John 1:9 says, repent/confess and He WILL forgive
We all sinned, 1John 1:8,10 (in basketball we know of the Hack-A-Shaq where the player intentionally goes for the player and when a fool is committed unintentionally going after the ball) that is how believers/I, normally sin. As a believer I don’t have to sin. Sinning is no longer my lifestyle and I quickly repent of whenever I sin because satan can easily attempt to use that as a stronghold in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment