Sunday, November 27, 2011

Victory

Recently I felt discouraged and all the messages, meditations, reading and words of encouragement I could hear where: Be courageous, Everything is going to be alright, You serve the God who sent His son to conquer the prince of this world (satan) (Romans 8:3-11), The rest of your life is the best of your life etc.
I went through the weekend seeking to get clear instructions from God and can I tell you that it seems like satan had other plans for me. I felt drained, powerless, defeated and heading to hopelessness. I quickly examined my actions and realized I was not speaking God’s word and taking authority over the thoughts in my mind (2 Corinthians 10:5). The mind is a battlefield and this was what satan was trying to get control. The mind is a battlefield and the devil playground if you will allow him to. This is why guarding the heart, mouth and eye gates are so important.
Realizing where I was mentally and spiritually, I started declaring something’s in my life according to God’s word and immediately sending the devil a warning that he has no strongholds in my life, Glory to God! I became excited about my situation because I know that it is temporal and subject to change. Later that night I felt in my heart the need to let go, let loose and allow God to bring His word to past. Throughout the process I was not enjoying life enough and allowing God to put things in place without my help, God does not need my help; He needs me to agree and trust Him. I was trying to learn where or when my input was necessary which comes with experience. See I am a child of God and He has started a good work in me and He will finish it (Philippians 1:6). That’s His job not mine. The fear I had and still have at times is not doing what God wanted me to do which is not a bad thing but like anything else there is a healthy dose and there is overdose.  Can you tell which side I was on? God does not want us to live in fear of anything and He never gave us a spirit of fear but a spirit of power and love and a sound mind (2Timothy1:7).
Situations will always come with various magnitudes and the bigger the magnitude of the situation will determine the amount of pressure you need to apply to your faith in God and this is the area where faith grows and character is developed. How a situation is handled now will give an idea of personal growth the next time you are faced with the same or similar decision. When temptation, test or trials presents themselves know first of all that God is not the tempter but satan is, but also know that this is an opportunity for growth and if you are not ready now or you did not handle things the best way don’t be too harsh on yourself because God is not mad at you but His love and power will allow you to be a conquer and victor the next time you are in that position or even if you are in that situation you can come out with a testimony that will set someone else free. For me, I have learned not to take challenges so personally because I would start casting blame and not realize the opportunities. As a father, I am able to navigate through these challenges, learn lessons, become stronger in my walk with God and become more able to pass wisdom on to my children. My wife and I have declared that our children’s lives will not reflect the hardships we had and we will be able to give them wisdom (natural and spiritual) our parents could not give to us.

By Dean Brown.
Live11Radio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment